G1x Four Won't connect to ZOOM lab Or ToneLib Software. Pls Help

Discussion in 'Zoom G1/G1X Four' started by JakeFrmStateFrm, Sep 25, 2020.

1. JakeFrmStateFrm

JakeFrmStateFrm New Member

I have tried three different USB cords, and I still cannot get my G1X Four to connect to the computer, or sync to the Tonelib and Zoom edit software. The device is brand new (v2.00) and I'm just stuck. Not sure what to do. I also can't seem to find my G1x on the device manager on my laptop.

Any help is duly appreciated.

2. rezidue

rezidue New Member

Just got mine and had the same problem. I ended up uninstalling the zoom device from device manager (under sounds) while the app was running and it started working. Thing is, it took me a few times to remove device driver, disconnect zoom, reconnect, while running or not running the app. I'm not sure which combination got it working but suddenly it was.

JakeFrmStateFrm likes this.
  3. JakeFrmStateFrm

JakeFrmStateFrm New Member

Well I figured it out, but thank you very much for the help. Though I've now encountered a new issue. When i try to add any effects to the device, its telling me that there's no space for it. When I try to delete an effect the symbol goes orange, and does nothing. You wouldnt have happened to encountered this issue as well, would you?

4. rezidue

rezidue New Member

I ran into running out of space but haven't removed anything yet. I'll give that a go and get back to you. Tonelib seemed to have less issues than the native software when I was having detection issues.

5. AFanOfSynGates

AFanOfSynGates New Member

Zoom Guitar Lab totally sucks for me, I'm on windows 10 home 64bit and I can't get it to work either. With a lot of crashes I managed to use it before but it just wont detect my zoom g series now...

6. shooking_sybase

shooking_sybase New Member

Device not recognized - common.
    Two tips if i may
    1 - power the device EVEN though USB should do it - older USB only supply 0.5A max and this pedal might be using a lot of amps.
    2 - be patient - it can take 15 - 20 seconds to be seen
    3 - check there isnt an existing software running - sometimes I accidentally open 2 but dont see the 1st. Kill them all off and ensure one is open
    4 - sometimes uninstalling the Zoom device then reinstalling it works

Running out of space - this is common - seems they wanted to pack all the memory in.

I made a YT on how to delete stuff

about 6:23 I found the magic - non intuitive.
    I am working with some folks on internet now learning how to do this via MIDI commands.
    The effect symbol orange - is this the triangle?
    All it means is you deleted an effect and one or more patches rely on it.
    Until you delete the errant FX off of a given patch it wont make much sound.

Then I made a YT on how to update these GuitarLab software

10 mins in I start to describe how to find the number of patches it is used in .. and how I dealt with the angry orange triagle from Hot spice - 11:25

Hope this helps.

dazzap and Hidaco like this.
  7. Karl Heidemann

Karl Heidemann New Member

Had the same problems. I did a factory reset and installed latest firmware. Now it works great. Both things are really easy to do, just google it, that's what I did and now I can use these awesome patches you guys made!

8. Hidaco

Hidaco New Member

great videos!! thanks!!

9. Name

Name New Member

In my case, I found out that the cables I was using were good enough for charging, but not for data transfer. Make sure you are using a good quality cable every time.

10. Mariusz1956

Mariusz1956 New Member

First open the Lab on the computer and AFTER THAT connect the USB cable.

11. djmsf

djmsf New Member

I have the AX14 and was having the same problem. Using a 9V wallwart fixed the problem.

12. Rubens Cardozo

Rubens Cardozo New Member

I reseted mine too
    Didn't work
    now a have a zoom g1x four with bad patches