Why "Zoom G3" is missing from the available devices?

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by igorSP, Jun 22, 2023.

Tags:
  1. igorSP

igorSP New Member

Is it possible to include Zoom G3 among the devices available on ToneLib Zoom?

2. electrotune

electrotune Member

Any reason you'd like the G3 support in ToneLib Zoom?

I thought Zoom already has an editor for this line of pedals, that is the Edit&Share which is still available for download on G3 support page and runs on Windows and Mac.

3. igorSP

igorSP New Member

Yes I know. it comes with the purchase of the pedal board and of course I have it. But it's an editor. I need a plugin to use in DAWs and be able to use IRs. it would be a major upgrade to the Zoom G3

4. electrotune

electrotune Member

ToneLib Zoom is also a standalone editor, no DAW plugin support.
    I thought Zoom G3 does not directly support IRs. The newer multi-effects Zoom G6 or G2 FOUR do have IR support.

5. igorSP

igorSP New Member

In the Zoom G3 the internal cabinets can be excluded, consequently, if there was a plug-in like ToneLib there would be the possibility of using the IRs in the Zoom G3, also in the Daw. I use ToneLib in my Daw

6. electrotune

electrotune Member

You mean ToneLib-GFX, not ToneLib Zoom.

7. igorSP

igorSP New Member

Obviously. if there is no ToneLib Zoom for my G3, why do you think I made a request in a post?

8. electrotune

electrotune Member

I'm still at loss to understand the rationale behind your request about ToneLib Zoom.

Rephrasing the previous reply -- ToneLib Zoom is a patch parameters editor, similar to Zoom Edit&Share and which you already have. I'm not aware of IR management features in ToneLib Zoom for any of the supported pedals. As such, Zoom G3 does not have direct capability to use/manage custom IRs.