Ace of Spades

Discussion in 'Zoom B1on/B1Xon' started by Paul Warning, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Paul Warning

Paul Warning New Member

Ace of Spades

[​IMG]
    Device: Zoom B1on
    Firmware: 1.21

Name on device: Ace'
    Optimized for: Guitar Amp

Effects chain:
    [​IMG]

Patch comments:
    Here's my take on Lemmy's bass tone, 2009 American Standard Precision

Effect: "Bass Muff" (Overdrive / Distortion), active - "yes"
    "Gain" = 100
    "Tone" = 100
    "Level" = 130
    "Mode" = NORM
    "Bal" = 100

Effect: "Ba PEQ" (Dynamics / Filter), active - "yes"
    "Freq1" = 100Hz
    "Q1" = 2
    "Gain1" = 10
    "Freq2" = 2.0kHz
    "Q2" = 1
    "Gain2" = 13
    "Level" = 50

Effect: "ZNR" (Dynamics / Filter), active - "yes"
    "THRSH" = 10
    "DETCT" = GtrIn
    "Level" = 100

Patch Volume: 120

Note: This is a patch file, you will need to download and install the ToneLib-Zoom software to use the patch.

Attached Files:

Joey likes this.
  2. Marco Donauer

Marco Donauer New Member

Hi, first thanks for your try to simulate Lemmy Murder One sound. I also tried it with the Marshall emulation but was nut successful.
    What settings did you use on your amp? I just wonder because I do not get out Lemmy sound with your settings.

My idea always was to setup a sound which pretty clear with less bass, a more mid and high tone and then put a distortion on it.
    What do you think? I'm new to sound creation, so I stll have to learn a lot.
    Marco

3. Paul Warning

Paul Warning New Member

Hi Marco, sorry you're not getting a Lemmy sound, I use a GP 12 Trace Elliot with the 30 and 40Hz sliders right down everything else flat, my patch uses a lot of distortion, I do play with a pick, don't know whether you do but it is important

4. Marco Donauer

Marco Donauer New Member

Hey Paul,
    that's not your fault. So I'm pretty new to all the music and rock'n'roll business. :-D
    I'm playing on a Gibson Thunderbird with Pick, plus Peavey TNT 150 Amp. And I guess, it is still an Amp issue. Jumping from G'n'R sound (Sweet Child) to Lemmy. Will try more settings. Meanwhile I killed your setup, so I have to start from a fresh setup I guess.

Marco

5. Marco Donauer

Marco Donauer New Member

Paul, I think I got it. Some more tweaks on my Amp sliders made it much better. Thanks.

6. Paul Warning

Paul Warning New Member

:)