Convert Zoom guitar lab files (zptc) to ToneLib-Zoom (zg1f)

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by Damiano, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Damiano

Damiano New Member

Hello to everyone! :)
    I've some patches for zoom g1x four in "Guitar Lab" format that I would like to load in my g1 but I can't do it using "Guitar Lab" that consider g1 and g1x non compatible models...
    Is there a way to convert these patches to ToneLib-Zoom format so I can load them in g1 ?
    Thanks in advance ;)

2. Boscorelli

Boscorelli Member

What file extension is on the files you have in this folder? C:\...\Documents\ZOOM Guitar Lab\Patches
    If those are *.zptc I'd wager a guess that the only reason they couldn't load is because a "pedal" effect was used.
    I have a G1X four. Upload them here and I'll remove the pedal and re-post it for you. I'll bet that will work.

3. Boscorelli

Boscorelli Member

I was able to load them into Zoom Guitar Lab (with my G1X Four). There are a couple of steps involved. Have you tried installing them like this?
    1. Extract the files from the *.zip file. (There are 15).
    2. Open Zoom Guitar Lab and go to the "Patch" window.
    3. Open Windows File Manager.
    4. Split the screen (make File Manager about 1/2 sized). So it looks like this:
    upload_2019-9-2_17-1-21.png
    5. Now you can SELECT and DRAG a preset into an empty slot.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  4. Boscorelli

Boscorelli Member

BTW, after looking at these patches NONE of them use a pedal. I think it must be User error trying to load these? The description in the patches say "Choptones Essentials 2019 patches pack." Is this a commercial pack - in other words - did you purchase this pack? I could post the patches in the Preset Library, but I don't want to infringe on somebody's copyright?!

5. Damiano

Damiano New Member

Sure I buyed it! I also asked to the author if I can send you the patches for conversion to G1four (without pedal) and he say it's ok (I have complete email conversations about what I'm saying) ;)
    Can you load the patches in your g1xfour and then re-save the patches from ToneLib-Zoom in zg1f format ?

6. Boscorelli

Boscorelli Member

OK then, I'll upload them to the preset library tonight.

7. Damiano

Damiano New Member

Oh wait wait...I had the permission to convert in G1Four format. If you upload them in the preset library these patches will be free for everyone....mmm...Can you send the zip as attachment in this post and after I download it you delete the file ? Or procede with private email ?

8. Damiano

Damiano New Member

Download it! Thank you so much!!!

9. Boscorelli

Boscorelli Member

You're welcome!

10. diogobenica

diogobenica New Member

Do you know if the other way happens too? I downloaded multiples patches from the drive below that I can't import on Zoom Guitar Lab. Some friends with G1 Four (without pedal) imported just fine, while I can't on my G1X Four.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-1iRAlFXM03UBSEj4bYJdzChQsX83rmI

11. Boscorelli

Boscorelli Member

Hmmm...I can't get those to load either? Let's use the effect BASS as an example. I can't drag it into an empty slot; however, I am able to drag it into the Patch Pool.
    upload_2019-9-10_18-35-43.png
    Once it is in the Patch Pool, it stays a black color - while all my other entries are white. (I assume this means it is invalid or can't be loaded?). I can display the properties, but it won't load.

upload_2019-9-10_18-34-40.png

In Windows File Manager, when I display the Properties of BASS.zptc the file size is 372 bytes. This seems to be about half the size of all my other patches. I suspect the files are damaged, compressed or maybe it's a 32bit vs. 64bit issue? In any case, do you have the original file? Was the original a *.zip file, perhaps?

12. diogobenica

diogobenica New Member

Exactly my problem. This is a shared drive in a group I'm in, and the other users imported without problem (but I'm thinking they have the G1 Four instead of G1X Four). I don't have the original but I'll look.

Thanks

13. Boscorelli

Boscorelli Member

Have one of your friends check the file size of BASS.zptc in their C:\...\Documents\ZOOM Guitar Lab\Patches folder.
    - Right Click on the entry for BASS.zptc
    - select Properties from the list
    - look for size: 372 bytes (372 bytes)

Is the the file size 372 bytes or not?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  14. Boscorelli

Boscorelli Member

I had another thought. Have one of your friends save the BASS patch in Tonelib format, and see if you can load it from there.

15. diogobenica

diogobenica New Member

I'm still waiting someone to help me with this haha
    No one kind soul in my group.

16. Damiano

Damiano New Member

Hi! Give me some days...I come back to home this sundays and next week I'll import these patch in G1four and export from tonelib. It's the exact opposite process that worked for me, maybe will work for you too :)

17. diogobenica

diogobenica New Member

I watched a video in Youtube and the guy said that the file exported from G1 and G1X are not the same and cannot be imported in each other, so there is the problem.
    If only there was a way to see the patch values...

18. Boscorelli

Boscorelli Member

19. Stacy Austin

Stacy Austin New Member

Anybody know how to convert .5gp to .zptc format for use on a Zoom 5gn?

20. electrotune

electrotune Member

If you have the .zptc file for the G1X FOUR patch, then it may be made compatible with G1 FOUR (provided it does not use pedal effects).

To do this, the G1X FOUR .zptc file should be edited in binary/hex editor. Byte at 0x10 offset should be set to hex value 0x10 (G1 FOUR); the original value 0x20 (G1X FOUR) -- check this before setting it to 0x10.

Use ZOOM Guitar Lab to load the updated .zptc file into your G1 FOUR.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2023