Hack for G1on and G1Xon and other Zoom

Discussion in 'Zoom G1on/G1Xon' started by JuppZupp99, Nov 18, 2020.

1. DarkHunter2227

DarkHunter2227 New Member

i want to know if in the future will be a compatibility with the new effects
    like, when you put in the program that you modified your zoom g1xon, add the extra effects that you take from ms50 and ms70cdr
    maybe a unnoficial version, idk

2. JuppZupp99

JuppZupp99 Member

The additional effects that are MS50 and MS70CDR are compatible with the G1on/g1Xon.
    Some of them are already in the G1on/G1Xon.
    Maybe at some point there is a version of ToneLib in which the non-standard effects in the G1on/G1Xon can also be selected from the MS50 and MS70CDR.
    It should be possible, because the software "Zoom Effect Manager" writes it in the right format in the G1on/G1Xon.
    And the effects of all devices must be stored in the "Zoom Effect Manager," since you do not need any further software.
    Maybe the "Zoom Effect Manager" is a good source for ToneLib to take over the data.

3. Guuz

Guuz New Member

Doesn't work for me, it's writing everything but when I restart nothing has changed?

4. JuppZupp99

JuppZupp99 Member

@ Guuz,

if it´s writing, the changes must be writing to the Device !

If you do all things step by step from my lesson from posting 10 , then it must write the changes.

There isen´t a write protektion on the flash Memory !

Do it again step by step from my lesson ( Posting 10 )

Other user has do it too and it have work.

Greetings Michael / Mikel

P.s.

Here is a new Video from a nother User, to make it komplet all step´s.

Stop :

I think, i know your problem !!!!

You can´t see the changes with the Program ToneLib !!!!

You can see the changes only, if you edit your patch on the device !!!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  5. JuppZupp99

JuppZupp99 Member

@ Guuz.
    Is your problem solved?

6. Dr.TPyTEHb

Dr.TPyTEHb New Member

7. Hunta

Hunta New Member

antes desse hack eu tinha as pedaleiras G1ON e a B1ON. Agora que coloquei na G1ON os amplificadores, drives, chorus e synth que mais usava na B1ON acabei vendendo ela e comprei um pedal Boss DS2 Turbo! ^_^

vou retirar os demais efeitos que não uso e acrescentar outros para testar.

muito bom poder gerenciar efeitos da pedaleira. e todos são bons! os da B1ON que coloquei na G1ON são idênticos ^_^

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
  8. tezbo

tezbo New Member

Hi Jupp, Thank for the awesome hack. You're a legend.

I was wondering in the Zoom A3 or A1 patches work on the Zoom G1on.

FTR I'm going to try it myself, though I'm not as technically proficient as you - say a prayer I don't brick my G1on.

9. JuppZupp99

JuppZupp99 Member

@ tezbo,
    this is a misunderstanding!
    I didn't do the program, I only discovered the program by accident on the Internet and thought, I'll try it out if it works.
    It was programmed in Russia, because someone made the effort and work, not me!
    When it worked, I thought that maybe there are many other users of the Pedal who want to do it too and so I did a step by step guide with pictures.
    Michael

Helmut Reifferscheid and Hunta like this.
  10. elemkay3

elemkay3 New Member

Just to say it's super easy and well worth doing. I just wish I could see the additional effects in the software. At present, if you add an effect via Tonelib to a patch which includes a custom added effects in the signal chain, it will automatically overwrite that effect with your new effect. I think you can still adjust parameters of any "normal" effects in those patches without anything bad happening though.

11. There is actually a 1.1.1 version from the same guy that updates it a little bit and cleans up some things.

12. JuppZupp99

JuppZupp99 Member

13. marvin

marvin New Member

I've updated some 3 months ago but after backing up with tonelib-zoom I cannot import any patch from update it says error (even exporting single patch) then I did a little research on tonelib and found tonelib doesn't have the updated extra effects like dynamic drive etc, I can't create any patch using tonelib with the updated effect (but in the processor I can), so don't know what i am doing wrong, now i am afraid I might loose my customized tones which I created using those extra effects :( please help me if I am doing anything wrong.

14. JuppZupp99

JuppZupp99 Member

With an original, repackaged G1Xon, you can't save or replay backups.
    This was not seen by Zoom in front of the inexpensive device.
    With the much older, but then more expensive Zoom G3x, which I no longer have, Zoom has provided a software to edit patches, input or save it off.
    Unfortunately not with G1Xon.
    So there is ToneLib.
    But only with patches that only use the original effects, i.e. patches, where no effects from e.g. the MS50 are intrigued with.
    Unfortunately, so too.
    Maybe TonLib will adjust this, because the effects are compatible with the device.
    So, if you don't want to lose your patches, the patches with non-original G1Xon only analog memory technology leave you: a block and a pencil.
    But patches with original effects would have to be saved.

15. marvin

marvin New Member

True that!! Wishing tonelib will update those as well

16. Renato Vicente

Renato Vicente New Member

How to add B1Xon effects to G1Xon-K signature Kiko Loureiro?

17. JuppZupp99

JuppZupp99 Member

Hmmmm.

I still have a ZOOM G2.1KL Kiko Loureiro, but this is the only zoom device where the Kiko patches are installed as standard.
    For everyone else you have to see what effects are applied and whether they are also in the G1on, G1Xon or B1Xon.
    Have already been able to take some patches/effects from one device to the other, but always only manually with the buttons on the device itself.

I also had the G3X, which used the same editorial software as the G2.1 Kl, because you could easily convert patches for the respective other device.

But unfortunately the software does not work with B1Xon or G1Xon, unfortunately!

Last edited: May 7, 2021
  18. Renato Vicente

Renato Vicente New Member

Regrettable, but okay.
    grateful for the attention

19. Inzague

Inzague New Member

Does this software works with signature models? (KL and AK)

20. JuppZupp99

JuppZupp99 Member

If they are detected by the software and there is still space in the flash memory, you can certainly still import effects.
    Connect the Device to the computer and see if it is found!