G1xon won't connect to PC

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by PugLife, Aug 17, 2019.

Tags:
  1. PugLife

PugLife New Member

I've searched the forums, google, the Tonelib guide, and the Zoom website, but I cannot get my pedal to connect to the computer.

I'm using:
    G1xon (v 1.21)
    Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've tried:
    Resetting the G1xon
    Using two different USB cables
    Using every USB port
    Using two different computers

The unit will power on and stay on when connected to the computer, but the computer does not seem to recognize the pedal. The Tonelib program just shows "waiting for device to connect" but never does. I've also scoured the internet and failed to find the "general driver" for the G1xon.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  2. Boscorelli

Boscorelli Member

PugLife likes this.
  3. PugLife

PugLife New Member

Thanks for your reply Boscorelli,

I am able to get the unit to enter "Ready for firmware update" mode by pressing the up and down button when powering on, but I am not about to get it to update using the zip file from Zoom's product page (even though I already have v1.21, I though I would try just to see if the problem was Tonelib or just connecting period). I looked in my device manager, and I don't see anything under the USB ports (not that I can tell at least; I'm not a real tech guy). I will try to connect to the Zoom Guitar Lab in the morning, and I will report back.

Thanks for the suggestions!

4. PugLife

PugLife New Member

Turns out it was the USB cable(s) that I was using; I ordered a brand new one of Amazon and it works great! My old cables were very thin and had only one wire, so I am guessing they are only useful for maybe charging but not data communication. Thanks Boscorelli for the suggestion!

5. Boscorelli

Boscorelli Member

:)

PugLife likes this.
  6. ved

ved New Member

when i connect my zoom g1xon with pc zoom tonelibe g1xon restart again and again.......... pls help

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020