Tonelib GFX 4.0 Update - I'm really disappointed.

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by Natelok, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Charlespalding

Charlespalding New Member

I just had a look and it has been updated since I downloaded 4.
    If you wondered, I'm using Ubuntu 18.4.3 with liquorice kernel.

2. lordbullingdon

lordbullingdon New Member

I downloaded v. 4.0.1, and it appears to have updated both the standalone and vst edition. Now all that remains for me is completing the purchase -- for some reason the web store will not accept my payment method (credit card), but I have e-mailed the store support. All that is missing from Linux audio now, imho, is a good realistic drum VSTi, and it seems DrumGizmo is getting there step by step. ToneLib GFX is definitely the most pleasing guitar modelling software I've come across. There's a warmth to the sound that I find is lacking in competitors' offerings, which often have a digital harshness to them. Well done, Tonelib!

3. Charlespalding

Hope your payment get resolved...I had no problems paying with a Visa card.
    Linux is getting there in the sound department...I like Gizmo drums but it crash my system...I think I need more ram, I resorted to drum samples and loops for now... I also started using Tracktion T7, it's awesome...

lordbullingdon likes this.
  4. lordbullingdon

True, DrumGizmo does take up quite a lot of RAM. I have 8 GB, so tend to use the minimal or standard kits. Tracktion T7 is very nice. I used it for a bit, but find that Ardour is best suited for my needs. Anyways -- with ToneLib now on the table, I might actually completely remove my Windows partition soon. : )

5. Charlespalding

AVL Drums work well in Ardour....

6. lordbullingdon

Yeah, I really like AVL at the demo stage and for jotting down quick ideas. But for a more realistic sound, I think Gizmo is a bit better. J

7. lordbullingdon

Hm, so still no success in making the purchase. My credit card keeps being rejected. Is there any way I can pay via PayPal? As far as I can tell, there is only the option to change to "Prepayment with check" or something along those lines, but that's not an option for me.

Update: And I'm literally craving to give you my hard-earned money, so any update would be appreciated. : )

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  8. lordbullingdon

Hm, still no reply from Tonelib or Gadwin regarding the fact that my purchase can't be processed. I keep getting the following message: "Changing your payment information failed. Please check your payment data, choose another payment type or contact Customer Service." Again, I would love to get the license, but can't seem to get hold of anyone who can help me with this support ticket.

9. lordbullingdon

Bumpelibumpy.

10. lordbullingdon

I'm starting to worry that this project is dead? It seemed so promising, with frequent updates and swift responses from the developer, but ever since I've tried to contribute by purchasing my license, I have not heard back from the team either here or via e-mail. I guess I can live with the "Still Evaluating" window every time I use the plugin, but I like to buy stuff I use a lot, not only because it makes me more dedicated to learn it and get to know it properly, but also because it contributes to the further development of the software, which is even more needed when it comes to native Linux software. Again, any update on my issue would be therefore be much appreciated.

11. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Please, accept our apologizes for that it took us so long to reply your message. It seems, our support staff member couldn't do his work properly. Necessary measures will be taken to prevent such situations in the future.

We're ready to help you right now, please check your email.

12. lordbullingdon

No problem, and thanks for your reply per e-mail. The purchase has now been accepted and I have received my license. Keep up the awesome work you've proved capable of so far!