Deleting effects

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by TCman, Aug 12, 2021.

1. TCman

TCman New Member

I just got my Zoom G1X Four the other day and love it, of course I came here to download some custom patches to it.

I downloaded a few and got them installed on my Zoom G1X Four, however on a couple of others it said I needed the Church pedal or effect (whatever its called) and that I needed to install it but I didn't have enough memory and needed to delete some other effects first to make room for the new one.

How do I know what effects to delete?, what if they are being used in other patches, how does one know? Is this shown in the program some where, does it show size for each effect?..inquiring minds want to know, lol.

Any help with said questions would be greatly appreciated.

Terry

2. Greum

Greum Member

I think you need to use Zoom Guitar Lab which can tell you which effects are unused.

(Unfortunately I cannot seem to find a previous thread where this was answered.)

3. TCman

TCman New Member

Indeed the Guitar Lab software does show what effects are being used and how many times in the G1X Four, the problem is you can only delete an effect from the device that is in use, to make room for others, I don't get it.

For example there is a patch called bomb basic, the only place where the sfx effect "bomber" is used, if I delete that effect and replace it with church reverb so I can use the Glimour patch I downloaded here then doesn't that screw up the bomb basic patch because the bomber effect is now missing?

Terry

4. Greum

Greum Member

Yes it would screw it up. You need to find an effect that's not being used. If all your effects are being used and your memory is full, then you can't add a new effect.