Hack for G1on and G1Xon and other Zoom

Discussion in 'Zoom G1on/G1Xon' started by JuppZupp99, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Inzague

Inzague New Member

"Illegal Device connected". I have got this error while trying to get the effects, maybe because the software only recognizes Zoom G1on and it needs to be modified in order to be able to recognize signature models, I suppose. The Tonelib and my computer recognize the device as "Zoom G1on-AK" so I think it is a name issue or something like that since the pedal is actually the same Zoom g1on, but with different patches. Was anyone else capable of using the software with signature models? I've seen a guy in a different thread who had the same issue and he said "Many other users of these pedal have the same problem" so I guess it's not only me.

2. Inzague

Inzague New Member

Problem solved, I've bought a normal G1ON :cool:. Now I have B1on effects on my G1on.

3. Thomas A Arnold

Thomas A Arnold New Member

Awesome stuff. Very easy, just wish the tonelib software worked with the new effects.

4. Zeh_Ant

Zeh_Ant New Member

Hi guys,
    Any news about Tone Lib recognising the added effects?

I did the hack and I'm editing the added Fx in the unit but it could be great if we can create patches and save them in ToneLib. Nowadays I have to be careful using Tonelib because it could makes changes in my patches that uses those added fx (not recognised by the sw).

I wrote to them but did not receive any answer...
    Thanks

5. JuppZupp99

JuppZupp99 Member

The problem with Tonelib will be that we who made the hack, have not all the same effects in the device and therefore the variety will be great.

But since the additional effects are all compatible to the device, you would have to get all additional possible effects in the software of Tonelib to run. Actually.

But probably only Tonelib can answer that.

Would be nice if this beautiful software could be extended/enriched by it.

Maybe there's another answer.

6. Paul Antonie Antoc

Paul Antonie Antoc New Member

Hi Bro, I second to your posts here, I have the same hack and too lazy to put all together manually what effects I got from G1on and MS50G to my MS 70CDR. These Zoom Multistomps would kill your GAS if this will come all to reality.