TABLE OF ZOOM EFFECT PEDAL EQUIVALENTS & ALTERNATIVES

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by MyLittleEye, Mar 24, 2023.

1. MyLittleEye

MyLittleEye New Member

I put together a google shared spreadsheet that tables the Zoom suite of effects against some equivalent pedals and amps they emulate. It was done as a learning exercise so there are a lot of links and notes embedded in the cells; I've kept them in for my own reference and make no apologies for the chaos. As an example, in the URL column there can be found a few links to spotify playlists highlighting songs that feature particular categories of effect which I particularly enjoyed researching

For effects where I couldn't determine an exact match I've used whichever historic predecessor and/or current equivalent seems most appropriate.

I'm happy to consider alternative pedal suggestions if anyone believes they know a better match. I'd also welcome song suggestions that are iconic or pioneering examples of specific effects to include in my pedal history spotify playlists - tell me what you think?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lRoIwHeoNjIUWMY7Tuwto8gQDuwIqi_4OJiL7cuoydo

Here's also a simpler, less notated version that's a bit more phone/tablet friendly

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
  2. aonyate

aonyate New Member

Very nice!

3. Migric

Migric New Member

Thanks

4. R van C

R van C New Member

Wow thanks nice..

5. Rincey

Rincey New Member

Awesome.
    I've only had my G3n for a couple of weeks (showed my guitar tutor last week, and he was jealous AF).
    Only today have I plugged it into my PC... soon found Tonelib-zoom when googling for how to download and save user patches to my pedal.
    Set myself a task: "Can I find a Bass Sim?" (My Guitar tut has a G1 on, which has a Bass Sim as a std patch)
    Boom, found one on this site, just like that....

So this evening I thought I would browse the forums and found your post... awesome spreadsheet, I'm going to study that at length over the coming weeks... useful to get an idea on some of the shorthand codes Zoom seems to like to use :) (Doesn't help I'm an amateur, so I'm learning all the terminology).

Tweaking the patches on my PC is SOOOO much easy than on the pedal.