G1X Four Effects On B1X Four

Discussion in 'Zoom B1/B1X Four' started by Gil Meyuhas, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Gil Meyuhas

Gil Meyuhas New Member

Hey! Is there a way to import effects from the G1X Four to the B1X Four? Cause there is a third party application that does exactly that but does not work with either the B1X Four or the G1X Four.

shooking_sybase likes this.
  2. EJG

EJG New Member

Watching...I'm interested in going the other way, B1 Four effects onto a G1 Four.

shooking_sybase likes this.
  3. shooking_sybase

shooking_sybase New Member

Please check out my friends page https://github.com/shooking/ZoomPedalFun

Follow the links in the readme for Mungwell's GitHub - his zoom-zt2 allows swapping most FXs between machines like G5n, G3n, B3n, A1 B1 G1 - for X patches u need a pedal. If you read thru u see Particles don't work on the modest hardware.

My friends pages have ZD2 dumps from the pedals.
    Older pedals use ZDL - use the device manager linked on the page for those. All at own risk.

He is making great progress with some folks to allow remote control of the Zoom GCE-3. The videos are technical but he welcomes useful comments to add features. He hopes Gadwin will see some and use the info to add support for GCE-3 in Tonelib.

4. desmond

desmond New Member

the cons for doing that are
    1 Zoom guitar lab dosent detect the device
    2 patches must be made manually
    3 tonelib will not detect the non native effects of the processor
    4 if you open manually made patch in tonelib all the non native effects will be rendered as empty and you lose your patch
    5 the risk of bricking the processor if the process fails

i modified a G5n update, mixed with b1x four effects but after the update i noticed i lost some new effects that are avilable after the update in g5n was released, faced with all the above problems and finally decided to buy b1x four to make my life easy,

5. shooking_sybase

That's why there is a basic GUI to edit the pedal in the ZoomPedalFun. So one can work around the limitations of both GuitarLab and ToneLib.

Agree with you there is a risk of bricking the pedal but if you are out of warranty and are careful it isn't that great.

Factory resetting the pedal by reinstalling the firmware and the reinitializing the pedal puts it back to stock - you should then be able to download additional FX. There again you can also download the new FX directly from Zoom. The likely reason why someone cannot load a new FX would be they ran out of internal memory. So far Zoom has not checked internal content.

I am gigging tomorrow with a G5n with all the useful FX from a B1XFour and some A1XFour FX. I used to just use the B1XFour powered off a phone battery bank but needed some of the additional FX slots. I do like the smaller form factor of the B1XFour (fits in bass bag) but I like the FS's on the G5n. There was no B5n so I am very comfortable with the extended pedal. And editing on the G5n is very easy - but I also use the GUI from ZoomPedalFun

6. desmond

desmond New Member

I have no coding skills so ZoomPedalFun. is not fun for me :) . by the way Great work, found your youtube and Github by searching for ZoomPedalFun, I agree with every thing you said G5n is a Great pedal with few flaws like the rhythm in the effects chain.
    can you find a way to use the tap switch for tap delay.

7. shooking_sybase

Can you name a preset patch or the FX that has tap delay please?
    My guess is the FX has a delay param, the tap measures and sends closest match ... but if I can confirm this then I can suggest a way ahead. Above is most likely approach

I have coded most stuff into a GUI. But my main aim was to see if makers of ToneLib could use my hints to make GCE-3 also available for others via Android app. I love my Pi4 but that was more if I wanted to add own physical buttons. Once I got the touch screen running I use that. And Android is also touch - I hadn't realised ToneLib worked on Android. Oh and I have shown how Mungewell's zoomzt2 can be supported in Tonelib if they wanted to allow rendering of added FX.

8. desmond

desmond New Member

There is no tap delay in G5n but i thought it might be possible drive the Time in the delay just like the BPM in Rhythm can be driven through both the controller knob as well as tap switch, but after copying the effects here i noticed the BPM is showing as Unknown2 :(
    ===============================================================
    Device: Zoom G5n (Firmware ver. 3.00)
    Device cell: 179
    Patch name: empty
    Patch description:

Effects: {

Effect: "Rhythm" (Rhythm and Looper), active - "yes"
    "Pattern" = HardRock 4/4
    "Unknown1" = 0
    "Unknown2" = 0
    "Volume" = 80

Effect: "Delay" (Delay), active - "yes"
    "Time" = 560
    "F.B." = 30
    "Mix" = 70
    "Tail" = Off

}; // Generated by ToneLib Zoom 4.3.1 (www.ToneLib.net)
    ===============================================================

9. shooking_sybase

OK I might know what you mean.
    I manged to decode the Rhythm recently and it seems the FX is split over 2 slots. These Unknown are simply "not used" I think.

Any of those parameters can be controlled via the FXM_PN.sh slot paramNo paramVal

So say the rhythm was in 1st position (so 1 and 2)

1 1 2 would set the pattern to the 3rd value on the list.
    If I get a chance (I am a bit busy right now) I will try to write an automation and add it to the GUI.

10. Ramil Jay Jose

Ramil Jay Jose New Member

here is a link that I use to play between the effects of the following devices:
    MS-50G
    MS-60B
    MS-70CDR
    G1/G1X
    B1/B1X

I currently have a B1/B1Xfour unit and I am able to get all of the effects of all the devices listed above.

11. Dani8

Dani8 New Member

"Sorry, the file you have requested does not exist."