Unofficial firmware :) hint hint

Discussion in 'Testimonials & Suggestions' started by Rockaxe, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Rockaxe

Rockaxe New Member

Just wondering what the chances of there being any UNOFFICIAL firmware available for our units

I have a G1Xon ver. 1.21 and would love to test out ANY upgrades hehehe.

I used to have an old digitech pedal and a person was developing UNOFFICIAL firmware .

Gotta love goodies

2. Tennn

Tennn New Member

imabuddha and Rockaxe like this.
  3. Rockaxe

Rockaxe New Member

Hell Yeah!! I will check it out!!
    Thanks Man

4. Big Daddy

Big Daddy New Member

Thanks! I would like to change drum patterns. How can I do it?

5. Rockaxe

Rockaxe New Member

Wow Tennn this is amazing stuff, I have already loaded all the bass stuff into My G1xon, if it could only cross read some of the other pedals it would be good, I would like to hold of the G1on-AK and G1on-K firmware to see if there are any extra model fifferences :)

Thanks Man!!

Tennn likes this.
  6. Alex

Alex New Member

Hy man. Where did you get the bass stuff from? Was it the B1xOn? If it was, could you please share some effects with me? I'd like to have these presets on my g1xon: AutoPan, Ba Synth, StdSyn, SynTlk, V-Syn, 4VoiceSyn, Z-Syn, Z-Organ, Defret, TrgHldDly. Thank you :)

7. Rockaxe

Rockaxe New Member

Hey Alex, Just follow the Vid and Github link posted by tennn, above. works great

8. Rockaxe

Rockaxe New Member

Man this is so cool, I just replaced the Kick and snare drum Raw files with some I edited and now it slays ,!!!!

Tennn likes this.
  9. Tennn

Tennn New Member

The drum pattern editor is under construction. Currently you can just replace/rename raw-files in order to change drum sound.

I have replaced kicks and snares too. And replaced "clap" sound with a snare drum. By the way, it's possible to completely remove the drum sounds in order to get more space for effects. :)

You can extract bass effects (ZDL-files) from B1on, B1Xon or MS-60B firmware.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  10. Rockaxe

Rockaxe New Member

Hey Tennn, I know The editor cant load ZD2 files into G1on etc but will there be a way to convert any of the ZD2 into ZDL files, I mean, if there is any point to it?

11. srmourasilva

srmourasilva New Member

Zoom G3 and G5 have plugins that other devices do not have:
    • Comp+OD
    • Comp+Phsr
    • Comp+AWah
    • Cho+Dly
    • Dly+Rev
    • Cho+Rev
    • FLG+VCho
    I saw on the website that there is no prospect of adding support for these devices. Do they have any limitations?

Something that I find strange is that some of the G3 / G5 plugins have fewer parameters (they do not have 'tail' in reverb and delays).

I created a comparative list of effects. I did not put all of electric bass (MS60bt / B1).
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ng6M2bq-QMP38MCeqbCo-6RjLPA9mrzHUCh8yDtdYNE/edit?usp=sharing

imabuddha likes this.
  12. Big Daddy

Big Daddy New Member

Do you know which files contain the definitions of drum patterns?

bether likes this.
  13. srmourasilva

srmourasilva New Member

bether likes this.
  14. Teacobouy

Teacobouy Member

i used it and transformed my g5n into a beast..now on attempt to install on my new laptop it says

trial installation expired

so doesnt install...anyone know how to solve that?

15. LST

LST New Member

Hi Rockaxe

Where can I find more information about this UNOFFICIAL Digitech firmware?

Thank you
    Luciano ST

16. rugge78

rugge78 New Member

I have modified firmware with some B3 Amps. I uploaded the firmware but I don't see the new models when I scroll G3n list. Any hint?

17. S234k

S234k New Member

Heey.
    Is there any way to do the same in G1x four?.. and chain more than 5 effects at once??

18. rgptonelib

rgptonelib New Member

Can I convert an G3x into a B3??