Expression Pedal

Discussion in 'Zoom B1/B1X Four' started by Gussi, Mar 31, 2024.

1. Gussi

Gussi New Member

I have recently purchased a Zoom BX1 Four and have been tinkering for a bit. First timer with effects and it's fun! The unit has so many variables and is a top thing to start out with...

What I can't work out and there seems to be NO info anywhere about the expression Pedal and how to use it?
    The fella I bought it off said he had the wah pedal set to volume control, so that's where i'm atm and would like to use it as a wah.
    Do you have to attach a Pedal slot to every effect to be able to use it or can it just be set to a general setting where I can use it readily for every effect?

Cheers
    Gus

2. chiner

chiner New Member

If you want a wah effect or any of the other pedal effects, you have to add it to the patch chain that you are working with. Some of those patches have all available slots in use so for those, you would have to decide which one you're ok with losing and swapping that out with the pedal effect.

3. bassmannate

bassmannate New Member

Unfortunately, this pedal is not like past pedals. Zoom wasn't entirely honest when marketing this as everything in the marketing indicates you should be able to assign the pedal to any number of effects parameters. You're stuck with just inserting the pedal like any other effect and you're limited to the "pedal" type effects. If there's a way to assign it to an effect parameter, it's not listed in the manual and I haven't run across it yet. Not completely sure I would have bought the expression pedal version if I knew you couldn't do that like you could on the B1Xon.

4. electrotune

electrotune Member

Default pedal is for output Volume control. For other effects, you'd need to insert into your patch a specific effect from PEDAL category. Basically, it's another module in a patch chain. If you check out B1X FOUR effects list pdf, the PEDAL effects show a P marker for pedal-controlled parameter.

G1X FOUR has more PEDAL effects, you may try to side-load them using a third-party tool. Generally, these should be compatible with B1X FOUR, however I have no first hand experience testing this on B1X FOUR.