Admin presence required...

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by aonyate, Aug 19, 2022.

1. aonyate

aonyate New Member

Hello!

Well, I do not tend to post that amount of threads, posts and others, and lately even less because of personal circumstances that keep me away from several things. But now I need to make a call to the admins.

I happen to follow the forums via RSS feeds so I do not forget sites like these instead of just having a bookmark, which often makes me forget (and nowadays with more chance in my case...). But the huge amount of recurring spam that keeps being posted is also reflected on my rss feed reader, bothering way too much. I suspect people here also suffers from this and it only makes us to wonder if keeping up-to-date with the site and the forums or just going away and leaving. Finally, it is so valuable what is in these forums that we stay, but with big disappointment.

What I ask the admins is that there should be implemented a solution for these spammers to register and post. They keep creating accounts with ease, they post and go away, leaving it a mess. So first I would go the user hardening (captchas, two-key factors, spam and email filters as those of ublock Origin, and/or real user check) and filtering of these messages. In other forums it has worked.

Just my 2 cents. Have a nice day!

Alex Berchesan likes this.
  2. Greum

Greum Member

It shouldn't be too much of a job to add a spam filter. I know many forums do. Filtering anything with the word "gummies" or "cbd" should get a good proportion of current spam.

Good luck with getting a response from the admins though!

rheamark65 and Alex Berchesan like this.