Advantages of Zoom G1X Four over Tonelib GFX

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by Achille, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Achille

Achille New Member

I only practice guitar at home, connecting my guitar through an audio interface to my computer and using Tonelib GFX.

I don't understand the advantages of having a pedal like the G1X Four over Tonelib GFX.

Can anyone explain to me why it would be worth it to buy it?

Can also anyone explain to me how to connect my guitar to the pedal, then the audio interface, so that I can play my guitar and listen to backing tracks at the same through my monitor speakers?

Many thanks for your help and your advises!

Achille

2. Marauder Music

Marauder Music New Member

Hello,

The G1FX is a Zoom Product. My understanding is Tonelib is not a Zoom company. You may have known that.
    ToneLib GFX in my opinion is on par with Line 6 Helix, just more lightweight and user friendly.
    I think the results of using Tonelib GFX for home recording may yield results you might prefer over using the G1X Four.
    Granted I'd like to have a stand alone ToneLib GFX interface with USB like a Line 6 Helix with edit software.

Sharing the example YouTube video that led me to ToneLib GFX as an example, if you are into metal:

Not sure if the G1X is going to get tones like this, or what you are after.

Don't think the G1X four has a USB audio interface like say an HX stomp does. So depending on what your existing interface is and if you have line-in capabilities or not it all depends.

If all you are doing is home playing think ToneLib GFX should meet most basic needs. I'm using it with the Behringer UMC202HD interface and am happy with the results.

Hope that helps.
    Cos

rumidon likes this.
  3. rumidon

rumidon New Member

some useful for me

4. Robertstona

Robertstona New Member