Advice Needed!!!

Discussion in 'Zoom G1/G1X Four' started by Elisha Wong, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Elisha Wong

Elisha Wong New Member

Hi may i know, what is the best combination of amp/ cabinet. I dont understand all the amp's function , and cabinets. I play worship songs what's the most recommended combo, pls help tq.

2. DeMentis

DeMentis New Member

Can you give us an example of a band/song that has the type of sound you're looking for?

Elisha Wong likes this.
  3. Elisha Wong

Elisha Wong New Member

h
    hmmm , high gain but clean tone, clean tone but lots of reverb/delay, usually its these styles

anything with atmosphere setup shud already be available in this forum but, i just want a lesson of the amps/cabinet and how to match them up , cause im only 1 year into learning

4. writersblock73

writersblock73 New Member

It's an impossible answer you're looking for, because... there's really no "right" way to do this. Tone-chasing is something every guitar player does from time to time--and I don't make all-inclusive statements lightly. During your time as a player, you'll find yourself combining this head with that cab, this pedal with that pedal, for as long as you strum strings. And to top it off, what sounds like magic to my ears might sound like a flushing toilet to yours. It's all subjective.

DeMentis plants a good seed with his/her suggestion here, because we all need a starting point. If there's a band (or particular player) whose sound resonates with you, do some digging into what equipment they/he/she use(s). Find their amp. Find out what they use for a cabinet. As you fiddle with those combos (or as close as you can get to them, given that Zoom has limited choices), you'll find yourself saying things like, "Gee, I like this... but that's a bit off," and that's where the knob-turning and fine-tuning starts: you have set your foundation, so now it's time to build upon it. Only then would you start thinking about what effects to add in order to polish it more to your liking.

Absent that, do some scrolling through your Zoom's presets, and find a patch that you sorta like. Then you'll have a foundation to start tweaking with. You can use Tonelib Zoom (free download hereabouts) to make a backup of the original patch--so if you mess it all up and can't find your way back, you can reset it.

Otherwise you're going to give yourself what I call "choice fatigue." Like scrolling Netflix for hours without being able to decide what to watch. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. It really is exhausting.

GPL likes this.