Automatic preset change

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by Mvc9K, Oct 15, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Mvc9K

Mvc9K New Member

Hello,

I am trying to automate the changing of presets according to the timing of a base song, switching between clean and distorted sound automatically.

The Tonelib GFX does not have this functionality. It seems that using the vst3 plug-in it is possible to do this inside a DAW. I am using Ardour (Linux) but I could only do this after my guitar sound is already recorded, I couldn't do it in real time.

Is it possible to automate the changing of presets while I play over a base?

Thanks!

2. Mvc9K

Mvc9K New Member

I figured out how to do it!

Just include my guitar in an "Audio Busses" track and create the automations in the plugin based on the tempo of the song. It worked perfectly!

Nathan Eh likes this.
  3. OaaH

OaaH New Member

Just to understand, you have created bus with two sends to two tonelib plugins and you switching between them within ardour? or you actually send midi commands to tonelib vie ardour?

4. Mvc9K

Mvc9K New Member

Hi!

No, I just use one bus with my guitar signal them I add tonelib as a plug-in. Using automation (right-click on track / automation) you can turn the effects on and off based on time.

Attached Files:

5. rumidon

rumidon New Member

same concern