B1on - connect to Mac/PC to record?

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by Oomworthy, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Oomworthy

Oomworthy New Member

Short of adding a DI to the chain, is there any way of connecting the B1on to my Mac to send the output to it rather than headphones? My Mac doesn't have a 'mic in' socket but has the dual purpose phones/mic version.

It's the one and only thing the B1on doesn't have to make this the perfect single box for me practicing at home.

2. Boscorelli

Boscorelli Member

I don't use a Mac (or any Apple products for that matter), but I believe the same setup I used for an android phone should work for you. Follow the link... https://tonelib.net/forums/posts/6332/

Oomworthy likes this.
  3. Oomworthy

Oomworthy New Member

Thanks for that. I sort of have that set-up now, but the mic cable goes to the Mac rather than a phone, but the computer doesn't recognise the new input. I thought it was probably to do with the 3 pin rather than 4 pin male jacks, but according to that post that isn't the case. However, I'm going to try it to my phone instead of the computer.

4. Oomworthy

Oomworthy New Member

Hmmm, well that sort of worked. I can play the bass through the B1on and record on an app on the iphone, bu tI can't hear what I'm playing through the headphones. Or I can hear thru the phones but not record. So if I'm careful with my playing I can sort of do what I want. I'd ordered a 4 pole trrs cable this morning anyway so that may make a difference, but of course the phones are 3 pole, so...

5. Boscorelli

Boscorelli Member

I'm pretty sure the Apple products require a TRRS connector in order to recognize the microphone as input. Otherwise, it assumes it is an output to headphones.

Oomworthy likes this.
  6. Oomworthy

Oomworthy New Member

Yup, certainly the jack into the Mac needs to be TRRS (4 pole), but I'm not sure about the phones and mic/input. Actually, the phones are 3 pole and the input was 4, so I wonder if it was the difference between them that causes the partial success. I'll find out later but there's not much I can do about the phones jack so I may have to cut my spending and just save up for a DI.

I wish the B1on had that.