Can I combine G1X Four with other pedals?

Discussion in 'Zoom G1/G1X Four' started by PR19, Feb 16, 2022.

1. PR19

PR19 New Member

Hi,
    Can I for example use my favorite RAT distortion pedal and link a G1X Four which would act only as a whammy pitch shifter?
    I wonder if G1X can handle the signal coming from the output of another pedal or is it restricted to handle only guitar pickup signals? If it can handle it, will it generate a sound that is comparable to a standalone pitch shifter pedal (like Digitech Whammy)?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
  2. KIRRIK

KIRRIK New Member

You can do but i dont know how will be the voice quality change.

3. Name

Name New Member

I have used the processor after the pedalboard, to add boost/compression or to play with the expression pedal as a volume pedal.
    By all means, try it and let us know how it works out.

4. Jamie1972

Jamie1972 New Member

Yes, I have been doing it to tweak and add extra effects not in the emulation or to for example take the place of a pedal I am missing. I've only had this pedal a couple of days, but I have had a lot of fun playing with it. You just need to be aware of where you are placing the pedal in the signal chain.

5. peterpan42

peterpan42 New Member

Thanks for the info on this

6. Stefano82

Stefano82 New Member

I have the Zoom G1 Four and recently received a Boss SD-1 (overdrive) as gift, so I'm trying to combine them.

I use this sequence: Guitar -> Boss SD-1 -> Zoom G1 Four -> amplifier
    So I can use Zoom to add ZNR, a amplifier simulator when needed, a reverb effect. The results sounds good.

With this configuration I cannot add chorus (that I place 1st in the signal chain) with SD1 on, but it's ok, I use chorus with clean or with distorsion effect in zoom chain.

I recommend keeping the master volume of the Zoom at 50 (or more), to preserve pedal output.

p_mmsilva likes this.
  7. ExcessInModeration

ExcessInModeration New Member

I very recently had need/want to do so.... PRIMARILY for on stage ( to be honest, i would love if there was some extension pedal foot switch like a midi controller, because if i'm totally honest, I LOVE all the options this unit has available for me to use in performance, BUT even if I program patches so that each change of effect etc ((so possibly up to 3-4 patches PER song on the setlist)) every change must be its own patch. I KNOW THERE IS 'stomp mode' but i personally don't think it commands presence onstage bending over to switch through optiones on stage on finger style buttons.
    on the inverse, however, both attempting to run in series (in either order) or parallel (1 guitar to pedal to input and the other run through effrects chain on amp.... introducing the BOSS ME-33 basically nueters my levels and tone