Can't load patch to device

Discussion in 'Zoom G1/G1X Four' started by FarbrorMartin, Aug 29, 2020.

1. FarbrorMartin

FarbrorMartin New Member

I have a somewhat strange problem. When I go to a patch (ToneLib zoom -> Online patches -> find a patch) I get the bottom black bar that shows my device is connected. I can do the "sound check" to temporarily put the patch on the device and the name of patch shows on the zoom and I can play it. But the Load to device button doesn't work. It seems it's doing something, but the patch is not transferred to the device. The device still shows the old patch, or empty. I have tried emptying the patch on the device first, but it still doesn't work.

I seem to recall having this problem when I first bought the device and then I figured out a way around it, but I don't remember what I did to make it work.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

jeepe likes this.
  2. woldra

woldra New Member

I had this behaviour once with my g3xn. Some combination of restarting and reconnecting resolved it - didn't happen again (fingers crossed)

3. Daniel Dsouza

Daniel Dsouza New Member

Same issue with me, reconnecting it doesn't resolve it. Only option is to download the patch and import it manually from the Editor.

4. Jon Bennett

Jon Bennett New Member

I am having the same problem (1/20/2022). I can do the sound check thing, but it won't do the "load to device" process. I have been able to get past it by manually saving (setup.save...) but it is sort of clunky.
    Are others having this problem?

jeepe likes this.
  5. Johnathon Rhoades

Johnathon Rhoades New Member

Yea I have this issue but seems like downloading them to my pc works fine. this is ok for me since I'd rather have a local library anyways. I wish there was an easier way to get them though.

6. Joryanman

Joryanman New Member

I found another way to save the sound without having to download the file manually:

1) press "sound check" in the pc software, this temporarily loads the data into the pedal and you can play some
    2) use the up/down keys on your pedal to navigate to some other memory slot you dont care about (because the pc software will reset this memory slot and upload your A0 effect into it, so it might as well be the A0 slot)
    3) unclick "sound check" by pressing it again in the pc software
    4) Done! The effect should now be saved to the desired location and will remain on the pedal after disconnecting the PC/software.

The only downside is the buggy behaviour of the pedal resetting another slot, however, you can simply always choose the same "sacrificial" memory slot for this.

It's not perfect, but it is significanly faster than downloading once you get the hang of it.

Basil135 likes this.