Double Octave sound on b1 four?

Discussion in 'Zoom B1/B1X Four' started by Govind Dhanowa, Aug 11, 2023.

1. Govind Dhanowa

Govind Dhanowa New Member

Hello there...

I was wondering, if I can get a double octave sound (1 lower and 1 higher) running simultaneously. I am new to the B1 four universe.

Thanks a ton fellas.

2. electrotune

electrotune Member

As listed in the official fxlist pdf, B1 FOUR has only one octaver effect:
    • 'Ba Octave: This effect adds sound one octave below the original sound.'
    There is also
    • 'BassOctFZ: This fuzz effect adds an octave above.', though it's a fuzz.
    In addition to this there is:
    • 'Ba AnaOct: This simulates an analog octaver. Modulation can be applied to the octave below, adding depth to the sound'.
    This one supports one octave above and 2 octaves below. The module file name B_MOCT.ZD2, I guess this could be loaded in Guitar Lab (ToneLib?).

Meanwhile, looking at G1 FOUR fxlist, there are:
    • 'Octave: This effect adds sound one octave and two octaves below the original sound.'
    • 'UpOctBSTR: This effect adds an upper octave to the original sound.'
    Plenty of choices to experiment with.

3. Govind Dhanowa

Thanks a ton for the reply!

4. Govind Dhanowa

From where can I download this patch? unable to find it on my b1 four.
    • 'Ba AnaOct: This simulates an analog octaver. Modulation can be applied to the octave below, adding depth to the sound'.
    This one supports one octave above and 2 octaves below. The module file name B_MOCT.ZD2, I guess this could be loaded in Guitar Lab (ToneLib?).

5. electrotune

electrotune Member

You first need to install the B_MOCT.ZD2 (Ba AnaOct) module into your B1 FOUR. Check if "Ba AnaOct" is listed in the panel of available effects in Guitar Lab or ToneLib.

After installing the effect, you can use it to create your own patches with it.

6. pkraiker

pkraiker New Member

OK! So I can see I don’t have this module, can’t seem to find a place where I can download it to add to my device. Tips / pointers? The help files point to things that don’t seem to exist now.

I’m just starting to look at how to tailor this multi-effects pedal to the things I’m looking to add. Any & all tips appreciated!

7. walacef

walacef New Member