Is ToneLib Zoom about to become a paid-for product too?

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by Oomworthy, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Oomworthy

Oomworthy New Member

I see there has been a change in policy and software availability (without warning to existing users from what I can see on the News section) and I'm now concerned that having only just bought into the brand I may suddenly have an unexpected additional cost levied for the loyalty of using Zoom brand equipment. I only recently bought my first pedal and was considering upgrading in the coming months, so the prospect of extra cost of previously free software is concerning.

As a general note to the company - and specifically the people who made the decision to start charging - please accept this as constructive criticism: it's not good customer service or relations to treat existing and long term customers/supporters the same way you treat somebody who has the option of buying in or not. Some form of concession is normal when a completely new charge is applied. Companies have gone bust as a result of such changes.

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

The ToneLib Zoom is still completely freeware.

Oomworthy and ted209 like this.
  3. Oomworthy

Oomworthy New Member

Sorry, I think I misunderstood the nature of the products. Thank you for the reply.