Jam - selectable external midi output

Discussion in 'Testimonials & Suggestions' started by gx61, Jun 9, 2019.

1. gx61

gx61 New Member

Hi, have been playing with Jam for some time (just basic level keys, bass, guitar practice) and loving it.
    One thing that I miss is the ability to change/select the midi engine used by the software. TL Jam seem to be hardcoded to use an internal GM midi engine/soundfont, the sound of which could use some improvement.
    It would help a lot if user could optionally select an external midi engine and/or GM soundfont (for example virtualmidisynth with a range of preferred soundfonts)

Many thanks

Razordead and Blackcat like this.
  2. I double this. It would be cool to play with fluidsynth, LinuxSampler, or a more complex setup consisting of different synths. This will make Jam a great solution for those who play live with a backing track. Also, I'd add a way to route metronome to another output than everything else uses. This would be perfect.

3. Tonelib

Tonelib Administrator

Hi Alex,
    We have implemented a Instrument Manager that allows you to assign a VSTi/Sampler/SF3, etc. to any score track.
    instrument_manager.png
    Unfortunately, it is not stable yet and will require additional work.
    Oh yeah, I have the same request in my todo list from our drummer :)
    We are currently working on double-routing for GFX (something like this ):
    dbl-routing.jpg

After that we will add this feature ASAP.

alexthebassist likes this.
  4. That is the thing I miss in GFX the most.

5. gx61

gx61 New Member

Many thanks for taking this up. Should this feature need some beta testing I am happy to help.

Bazza Bass likes this.
  6. thpapak

thpapak New Member

I would also like to assign VST Instruments to score tracks in Jam.

Bazza Bass likes this.