Lenovo ideapad doesn't load zoom g3x in zoom edit and share software

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by ica, Jul 14, 2021.

1. ica

ica New Member

So recently I bought a Lenovo ideapad flex 5. After installing the zoom edit and share software, I connected my zoom g3x with the laptop with a usb cable, but the patch list wouldn't load. It doesn't seem to recognize the g3x.
    Screenshot 2021-07-14 at 21-26-13 unknown png (PNG Image, 1920 × 1080 pixels) — Scaled (52%).png
    (the zoom g3x is already connected to the laptop here, and my laptop recognizes the zoom playback device as shown below)
    Screenshot 2021-07-14 at 21-28-53 unknown png (PNG Image, 1920 × 1080 pixels) — Scaled (52%).png

The software seems to work just fine in my old computer.
    Refreshing doesn't work, so does reinstalling both the software and the driver. Anybody got ideas? (the software versions are up to date and supports my laptop)

2. Phil

Phil New Member

I don't have an answer for you, except that I have the same problem if Reaper is loaded first when I start Edit & Share. If I close Reaper first, then Edit & Share will work, and I can load Reaper afterwards. Maybe it's got something to do with Reaper taking control of my interface's ASIO driver.

That's why I ended up downloading Tonelib to try as an alternative to Edit & Share, but it won't even install. Some other posts here suggest that Tonelib has been abandoned because it is free software.