Linux better than Windows?

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by 7one, Feb 4, 2021.

1. 7one

7one New Member

Did anyone notice, that TL-GFX sounds better under Linux? Im running the latest version under Windows 10. On the other hand im running the "version 3.9.9" under Linux Mint. Compared to each other, i'm pretty sure that the linux version sounds much better, of course with the same presets.

Am i crazy? What do you think?

2. Kott

Kott New Member

On the same hardware, right?

3. 7one

7one New Member

Yes, on the same computer, same audiointerface and same headphones.

4. Kott

Kott New Member

Tonelib-GFX internal DSP processing is the same on all platforms, I think.
    So it maybe caused by drivers? It can be simple tested by recording and compare these wavs.

Chinmoku and 7one like this.
  5. 7one

7one New Member

I think you are right. It must be the architecture of the drivers.
    Of course i will do the test that you suggested. But im pretty sure that noone will be hear the difference, when i publish the soundfiles here. Its rather a feel than a sound. For me its real. I have thousands of times switched between the two versions. You know how crazy musicians can be;)

I would rather love to get answers from other linux-useres, from their experience...

6. 7one

7one New Member

Hey cmon, an other possibility is that the whole software was getting worse since a XXX version. I think i
    heard about it in this forum.
    I don't want to swear that now. In the opposite... I love it. Im playing it live and in the studio. When youre able to tweak a little bit, you have a really really great software-modeling for a very small amount.

7. Arthur max

Arthur max New Member

I don't have any words to appreciate this post.....I am really impressed ....the person who created this post surely knew the subject well.
    HP Deskjet 3755 Wi-Fi setup

8. leg42

leg42 New Member

Вот вот и мне так кажется, у меня Убунту студио, звук по моему лучше субъективно