Older versions of Android compatibility?

Discussion in 'Testimonials & Suggestions' started by wcguitar, Apr 28, 2019.

1. wcguitar

wcguitar New Member

I was recently gifted a new Amazon Fire HD 8 2017 (7th generation). Using the most recent version of android os provided by Amazon it is running Lollipop, Fire OS 5.6.4. They are about two to four years behind the times. Is there any chance I can get the ToneLib Zoom app to run on this tablet? I have done the side load hacks and installed the Google Play Store and most apps from there seem to work on the Fire tablet. Just wondering, thanks...

2. Tonelib

Tonelib Administrator

3. wcguitar

wcguitar New Member

Yes it does, I am getting an OTG adapter delivered tomorrow but I may have to install the drivers...I'll check it out...thanks
    Also, so far the play store does not show the app for me as if my tablet is not compatible...sooo...

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  4. wcguitar

wcguitar New Member

I received my OTG adapter today and it works with another amplifier control app I use (Fender Fuse with two different Fender amps).
    Unfortunately the ToneLib Zoom app does not appear in the Google Play Store when I search for it so I am unable to even download the app to my Amazon Fire tablet...

5. Tonelib

Tonelib Administrator

6. wcguitar

wcguitar New Member

I installed both and the Zoom app opened but would not connect. GFX also opened but did not connect with my interface, produced a high pitched (not good) sound. I uninstalled both apps. Thanks for the help...My newer android phone works with both apps and I still use a Windows pc and linux pc...cheers

7. SebastianMF

SebastianMF New Member

This App not installed in OTG compatible Android 4.2.2 Please help

8. KevinL7778

KevinL7778 New Member

Wow, not only did make the setup of my custom g1xon a breeze but now I find an older version of gfx too!

Any chance you have a newer version of bff for android, the rocksmith dongle works well my stock LG glad f 8 or v495, it has a sub chart port and a full sized host mode sub header so I can run a hub with my glxon and the locksmith adapter at the same time.

Any chance of a fully functional tone lib jam for android, I would gradly pay to play my psarc's on the go.

9. lordcams

lordcams New Member

[QUOTE = "Tonelib, publicación: 5587, miembro: 11"] Desafortunadamente, antes de 6.0 (Marshamllow), Android no admitía oficialmente MIDI a través de USB. Sin embargo, para probar, he subido una versión actual en:
    https://tonelib.net/download/apk/ToneLib-Zoom.apk
    https://tonelib.net/download/apk/ToneLib-GFX-Beta.apk (aún no está disponible en Play Store) [/ QUOTE].

Hola, sería maravilloso que nos permitieran ver la app de Toneb-GFX en la Playstore, aún que sea en estado beta es una herramienta increíble. La he usado antes y es casi perfecta, para ser una beta. Por favor sería genial verla en la Playstore pues tiene la opción de configurar la entrada y salida de hardware y es algo que ninguna otra app tiene a día de hoy.

10. lordcams

lordcams New Member

11. River132

River132 New Member

It's great to hear that you have a new Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet. The ToneLib Zoom app may or may not be compatible with your device, as it depends on the specifications and capabilities of your tablet as well as the requirements of the app itself.

The Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet runs on Fire OS, which is a forked version of the Android operating system, so compatibility with Android game apps can sometimes be an issue. While you have installed the Google Play Store, it is possible that some apps, including ToneLib Zoom, may not work on the Fire tablet due to compatibility issues.

If you are unable to find ToneLib Zoom in the Google Play Store, I would recommend reaching out to the developer of the app to inquire about compatibility with the Fire HD 8 tablet. They may be able to provide further information or suggest alternative solutions. Additionally, you may consider upgrading to a more recent tablet that runs a more recent version of Android if you would like to use ToneLib Zoom.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2023
  12. aonyate

aonyate New Member

I need to raise again this thread. It is kind of related.

My old Lenovo tablet (2GB RAM, Android 6) is still hanging around and I want to use Tonelib Zoom on it. Latest version simply does not run: it gets stuck on a black screen, nothing appears, nothing runs. I presume this version is simply not compatible or there is something lacking, despite I gave it all permissions.

I am sure old versions have no problems as I have been running them on the same tablet for years. I do need the previous one. Please make an 'Older versions' section; there are other places I can fetch the old version but this website is fully trustable.

Thanks.

13. Earl Brown

Earl Brown New Member

I'm also having troubles installing on my Android Tablet (Galaxy Tab S6, SM-T860; Kernel version 4.14; OS Version 12).

(This is for ToneLib Zoom)

When I click the link above to a beta version of the APK, it just takes me to the downloads page.

Is there any work being done to update the Android version of ToneLib Zoom?

Robmann likes this.
  14. 1Bit

1Bit New Member

hello guys
    https://tonelib.net/download/apk/ToneLib-GFX-Beta.apk is not available anymore for download and never made it to Google Play Store.
    Was the project completely abandoned?
    or do we still have a chance to get it at some point?
    I think with the power of mobile phones nowdays this would be a really good software
    Please please please
    can we get even the BETA version here?
    Thanx

Earl Brown and beobeo like this.
  15. Earl Brown

Earl Brown New Member

Is the Android version even being maintained? I haven't seen anything about updates in more than a year :(

16. aonyate

aonyate New Member

I wish they release another one, or at least the source code so anybody can keep up with new features... For example, the G5n has a couple of new amps+cabs not covered and this is quite a drawback.

I would even be happy if they are simply covered, so plz people @ tonelib take a note on this....

17. Earl Brown

Earl Brown New Member

Seriously. It's gotten bad enough that I've done research to see if I can make something myself.

Haven't gotten to the point of actually starting a project, though. Maybe I should so Mr. Murphy will cause something to be done so my time is wasted :)