Swapping patches between devices

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by Glenn Devey, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Glenn Devey

Glenn Devey New Member

Hi all...I love my b3n so much that I bought a b 1 four also to use with my smaller rig. Having spent so much time getting the patches the way i want them on my b3n, is it possible to import them into my b1 four, even though they are different machines? Thx

2. Mog

Mog Member

Struggles likes this.
  3. Glenn Devey

Glenn Devey New Member

Hey that's great thanks will give it a try !

4. Glenn Devey

Glenn Devey New Member

Just a clarification if i may please. The export files from my b3n have a different file extension name to the b1 four (.zb3n versus .zb14) so trying a straight import using tonelib doesn't seem to recognise the other devices file name. Do I need to do something additional with the Gitlab file you highlighted? Thx

5. Mog

Mog Member

Oh, maybe try renaming a .zb3n file on your PC to .zb14. It's possible that there is no difference in the file syntax, ie the file extension merely identifies the effect box. Fingers crossed.

6. Glenn Devey

Glenn Devey New Member

Okay will try.... cheers !

7. Glenn Devey

Glenn Devey New Member

Alas sadly not... I changed the file extension name and at least it was visible and selectable. However when I did the import, only thr name of the patch and the notes came across, not any of the effect chain.
    Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks all !

8. Mog

Mog Member

Any B3N effects won't appear on the B14 in ToneLib (ToneLib works from the standard firmware and does not read the firmware on your pedal other than to see the firmware number). Do the patches appear complete on the pedal or are they blank as well?

9. Glenn Devey

Glenn Devey New Member

Ah ! Will check :)

10. Glenn Devey

Glenn Devey New Member

Just checked... the contents of the patch when viewed directly in the pedal are the same as when viewed using tonelib.. just the title and description, no effects present

11. Mog

Mog Member

12. Glenn Devey

Glenn Devey New Member

Will try that tomorrow!

13. Glenn Devey

Glenn Devey New Member

So... using guitar lab 6 I managed to save patches from both the b3n and the b1 four in the same file extension format which was .zptc
    However I still cant swap the patches between machines using either application. Guitar lab greys out the patches in the patch pool that weren't made on that same device.
    Tonelib returns the error message "invalid file format "
    Aaaaarghhh! I thought I was close too !

14. Mog

Mog Member

Damn!

At least you've got the b3n effects on the b1 four. Looks like you'll have to set the parameters manually.

Best Wishes

15. Glenn Devey

Glenn Devey New Member

I think so... looks like a two device and two laptop job side by side!

16. Jeremy Davis

Jeremy Davis New Member

Hi. New to the forum. I have a A1X Four. I created several patches and moved them into the Patch Pool in GuitarLab. I just got the A1 Four and want to move those patches onto it. When I plug the A1 Four in, GuitarLab recognizes it but the patches in the Patch Pool are greyed out. Anyone know how I can get this done without recreating each one on the new pedal?

17. LuisFer73

LuisFer73 New Member

Hello. Does anyone know if I can upload patch files from the B1ON to the G1ON? I want to use the G1ON to play bass and I don't know if I can upload a bass AMP to the G1ON.