ToneLib & Audio Interface

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by Thore Petersen, Oct 27, 2021.

1. Thore Petersen

Thore Petersen New Member

Hello from germany,

I would like to buy an audio interface, but don't know which one is suitable for TL.
    Which inexpensive one would you recommend?
    Thanks in advance for the answers.

2. Thore Petersen

i forgot : i work with win 10

3. Nathan Eh

Nathan Eh New Member

Really, anything that gets your guitar into the computer will work. Assuming you're plugging in with a 1/4" cable? Any simple audio interface should accept at least one mono 1/4". I use an ancient Presonus AudioBox USB and it works great.

4. Mvc9K

Mvc9K New Member

5. Thore Petersen

Thanks for the answers. I have a Behringer UMC22. Unfortunately it doesn't work.

6. tonefreak25

tonefreak25 New Member

I use a focusrite Scarlett 2i2 and it works great!!

7. -I-

-I- New Member

I have exact the same interface and using it without any issues...Which driver are you using? In case you are using ASIO4ALL universal driver, just uninstall it and install the UMC22 dedicated asio driver instead. (UMC22 has its own dedicated ASIO driver, other than well known ASIO4ALL driver.) I am using that wonderful interface without any issues and if your unit doesn't have any physical faults / errors etc., its malfunction highly caused by wrong driver choice, wrong input output routing etc...

8. Thore Petersen

Thanks to everyone for the answers. After a new installation of windows it runs fine. The problem was once again windows 10 :-(

9. Ryan Hollywood

Ryan Hollywood New Member

Do you use Scarlett 2i2 with Win 10? Or Ubuntu?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
  10. Emil Axelsson

Emil Axelsson New Member

Behringer UMC202 HD works great on Ubuntu.