Tonelib GFX 4.0.1 in Reaper Linux Drag and Drop

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by guitarsophist, Oct 27, 2019.

1. guitarsophist

guitarsophist New Member

In previous versions, I was able to drag the icons from the right hand menu into the effects chain. Now when I do that, the icons fade in color and bounce back to the menu. The only way to put in an effect is to click on the plus in one of the boxes in the effects chain and select from a pop-up menu that appears. Even this seems a bit erratic. Is this a bug or a design change?

I am running Linux Mint 18.3, which is based on Ubuntu.

Thanks.

2. guitarsophist

guitarsophist New Member

Additional info: It works as expected in standalone, but not in Reaper.

3. guitarsophist

guitarsophist New Member

Hello? Anybody here? I posted this more than a month ago. At least Tonelib GFX still works. It is just clunky to use and it looks unfinished, especially since it is now a PAID product.

4. tinker

tinker New Member

I'd like to confirm the problem of the OP. Can't drag-drop, create an IR Processor in the plugin also noticed that i cannot export a preset there either. Both function as expected in the standalone. Mixbus v5, 32cv5. Same situation in Ardour. Ubuntu 18.04.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  5. tinker

tinker New Member

A big thanks for the drag-n-drop, along with the other fixes.
    The "Export the preset data to a file" button is still non-functioning.

6. guitarsophist

guitarsophist New Member

Yes, the new version seems to have fixed the main issues. Great plugin. I especially like the Tweed Deluxe with the Blue Bell or the Silver Bell cab sim. When I post tracks to TDPRI I always get compliments on the tone when I use that combination.