ToneLib GFX crashes inside Ardour

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Elson Fernandes, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Elson Fernandes

Elson Fernandes New Member

Hi,
    I always use the ToneLib GFX to record my guitar/bass and since the moment I made the purchase I have not regretted it. I use the plugin on GNU/Linux and I've never had any problems before. I recently switched to Ubuntu Studio 21.04 (previously used version 20.04 of the same flavor) and, inside Ardour (version 6.6.0), it doesn't work properly. I managed to install via terminal and still gave an error when finished. Whenever I try to change the preset it everything froze and the DAW crash. Could any of you help me solve this problem? In the images: installer, how the plugin behaves inside Ardour and terminal.

Screenshot_20210424_182655.png
    Screenshot_20210424_182816.png
    Screenshot_20210425_114401.png

Thanks!

Edit:
    As standalone It woks beautifully.

Screenshot_20210425_155536.png

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  2. xylph

xylph New Member

Hi,
    Go in /usr/lib/ and try to remove the vst3/
    I recovered the preset in Ardour

3. Elson Fernandes

Hi, xylph! Your suggestion didn't work for me. I was trying to use Guitarix in the meanwhile, but it's not as good as ToneLib. For a moment, it worked, but Ardour stopped and when it came back it didn't work anymore. If you have another suggestion, I’ll try. Thanks!

4. Vasilis Lambrou

Vasilis Lambrou New Member

Hello all!
    I'm having the same problem and from what I've found it has to do with the VST3 version of the plugin. I unchecked the following option
    "conceal VST2 Plugin if matching VST3 exists" under plugin options in preferences.

After than I can select the VST2 from the plugin menu and for the most of the times it works as it should. But, when I'm opening an older project containing Tonelib GFX as a plugin, Ardour instantly crashes.

Attached Files:

Elson Fernandes likes this.
  5. Elson Fernandes

DUUUUUUUUDE!!!! IT WORKED!! Thank's a lot man! Holy s*&t! Before only the VST3 version appeared. The images prove it! God bless you and your entire family!

01-RESOLUTION-Screenshot_20210609_222141.png
    02-RESOLUTION-Screenshot_20210609_222234.png
    03-RESOLUTION-Screenshot_20210609_222516.png

6. Vasilis Lambrou

Vasilis Lambrou New Member

Glad to be such a help my friend! All the best!

Elson Fernandes likes this.