TonelibGFX OMG!!!!!

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by Rockaxe, Mar 6, 2019.

1. blayde55

blayde55 New Member

thousand likes for this.. now eagerly waiting. Thanks so much developers

2. fuzzyparts

fuzzyparts New Member

New user too and first post here.
    So, thanks for this great free vst suite, enjoying every minute with it.

Have a ms60b 2.0 and I wonder if TonelibGFX will include all the models/fxs in a way or another (for free or else)...thanx in advance for any info!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  3. bether

bether Member

OMG! Last update ToneLib GFX v3.9.4 is really cool!
    Rhythms are very great.
    But nice would be to have a count-in option before start recording :)
    NOW, I'm waiting for iOS version!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  4. bryan moore

bryan moore New Member

Downloaded zoom lab after i bought a g1x four and was severely disappointed by how UNintuitive the software was. Downloaded Tonelib and instantly loved it. Great job devs!

pipelineaudio likes this.
  5. fuzzyparts

fuzzyparts New Member

Anyone?

6. bassbrad

bassbrad New Member

I just saw your post on Talk Bass and for me it is perfect timing. I am gearing up my studio for song demos and this will be the perfect platform on my new pc. I am at square one and a bit behind the thymes so give to old guy a hand if he needs help.

All my old stuff went the way of the Dodo thanks to a lightning strike - fried the momma board and zapped all the drives even though it was all shut off at the time. I was still running XP for all the software, duh.

7. Brifingersan

Brifingersan New Member

Its great, but why so many updates, you guys at Zoom/GFX. Must be working hard so Thanks Guys!

8. bether

bether Member

Hi, any progress about iOS version of Tonelib GFX?
    Great would be with AU3 support too.

Mpick likes this.
  9. Savage1969

Savage1969 New Member

Question: What, exactly, is the input range suggested in either VU or dbfs? If GFX is indeed so sensitive to input signal level then it would be nice to know the signal range expected by the code to achieve the OEM intended result via proper gain staging. Regards.

10. Jean C.Guion

Jean C.Guion Well-Known Member

Its the input...theres no buffer EQ in the front end........I qued out a studio 20 band preset to build on...use it as first block...made it more quite...dynamic...and tonally correct...use the output level of the 20 to controll preamp vol at the front end of the amp....turning down the front end and adding gain in the back end keeps things sounding/feeling better..and quiter....

11. brucezepplin

brucezepplin New Member

Hi - when you say you are running Tonelib GFX through G5n do you mean that that you are simply controlling tonelib gfx with your zoom, or are you using your zoom to run tonelib gfx?

12. Hi, I´m a new user. Could you tell me How can I change my username? Thanks bro!

13. tonefreak25

tonefreak25 New Member

I initially used the free version and was so impressed I bought it. I use TL pretty much exclusively now and am very impressed with the tones, ease of use and flexibility. My only issue is when I use my own IR,s the tone really go south. Most likely it is something I am doing incorrectly. Amazing product, thank you!!

14. rgat5150

rgat5150 New Member

I downloaded it days ago and recently bought the full version. Love it.

15. LBG

LBG New Member

I recently downloaded Tonelib GFX to try. If I select the USB cable I am using with my guitar as an input device I get a message that says:

Error when trying to open the device!
    Couldn't open the input device!

I can see bar graph move in sound settings for this device when I strum guitar.

After a few days of messing with Tonelib GFX I downloaded an ASIO driver. This allowed me to get Tonelib GFX to work.
    The problem is with ASIO driver selected I can not use mp3 player on my Windows computer. Since my object was
    to practice playing along with mp3 file not being able to use mp3 player defeats my purpose.

Any ideas on solution?

16. rgat5150

rgat5150 New Member

17. LINDSAY ROSS

LINDSAY ROSS New Member

Very true. Why isnt this software more in our faces............ I had to stumble upon it to try and then buy. It beats THU and I have been with that since its inception. But once again everyone to their own :)

18. Trunk

Trunk New Member

I have spent the last month using the following applications in professional sessions:
    Amplitube 4
    Softube Amp Room/ Marshall PLexi Super Lead 1959
    Poulin
    Line 6 Helix Native
    Ignite Amps
    Kuassa Matchlock
    BIAS Amp 2
    Blue Cat Audio
    Tonelib GFX

The top two are: Softube and Tonelib GFX.

In the current market you do NOT get what you pay for. You get what you discover online.
    Tonelib wins because of the immediacy of the GUI, and that it replicates almost perfectly the sound of a recorded amplifier through a well mixed cabinet...
    The effects are not mind blowing, the cabinet IR's aren't going to set the world on fire, BUT, With Tonelib I can dial in a tone for a guitarist in under 7 minutes that satisfies them enough to track with confidence, and Tonelib has ridiculously low latency!
    Not only is Tonelib GFX completely competent in delivering professional results, in a mix it REALLY delivers the nuances of the top end that sets it apart.
    The Softube bundles are FORENSICALLY accurate to all minutia of every possible characteristic of the Marshall world, and for that I can only recommend for seasoned engineers who understand exactly how to milk such algorithms to the best advantage..
    Tonelib GFX excels in the cleans... Bassmans, Twins, AC-30TB'S extraordinary when coupled with an appropriate I.R.
    Tonelib has the shortest learning curve, an individual with an IQ of around 100 can get professional results without diving into the manual...
    What's also outstanding is that the Tonelib GFX is the ONLY Amp sim that has internal signal matrix input routing in the front page GUI, making input selection in any DAW foolproof... Something the "Giants" should take note of...

Tonelib is my professional choice. you can emulate anything you need, and if you use your ears rather than your eyes, (And have some additional world class 3rd party effects in your arsenal) you will NEVER need anything more than what Tonelib GFX provides.

Initially I thought the most insane thing about it was that it was free.. I was wrong.

It's the emulation Quality and workflow that makes this a CLEAR WINNER.

KlausTwangster and romeok like this.
  19. pm33aud

pm33aud New Member

Agree 100%. I went through nearly all of your list as well including some Fortin stuff. GFX is so good. Some of these sims were 300USD or 100USD/amp and they just were flat sounding - I was surprised how poor some of the modern alternatives were. There's not much about GFX advertised and frankly I had no idea about it! I only came across it because a friend was mucking about with some Zoom pedal he had and accidentally DL'd the wrong software. He started playing and across the room I immediately asked 'what is that!?' GFX is brilliant and sounds great - no weirdness in the low, low-mids which a lot of sims had issues with, I've found. Dynamics and touch response are all there and the UI is clean and fast in patch changing (was using BIAS before and their UI is so buggy and patch changes are so slow they cannot be used live). It's also very lightweight compared to some others.

Even the way the knobs respond is done well - in things like GR or the aforementioned BIAS, lots of the knob movements are either way too touchy or don't really work how changing a knob on an amp or pedal would. Very nicely done. I'd pay for this again and again and at that, it's only 40 bucks! Wow! I would like to see some extra MIDI implementation so I can get at patches in an absolute fashion but now I've just programmed my LG2 to send out the bank+preset select MIDI commands sequentially. And a lil easier way to add lots of 3rd party IRs (instead of one-by-one and w/o folders, etc.)

Excellent work! I hope Zoom decides to throw a little money towards telling more people about GFX with some high-end musical demos.

romeok and Trunk like this.