Transfer G1on patches to G1Xon?

Discussion in 'Zoom G1on/G1Xon' started by Coyote, May 15, 2021.

1. Coyote

Coyote New Member

Is it possible to transfer patches from a G1on to a G1Xon, either directly or via the ToneLib editing software? I've built up a mighty collection of sounds on the G1on and would love to move them to a G1Xon. Possible? Thanks in advance.

2. Mog

Mog Member

Yes.
    Use ToneLib to save your patches from the G1on to your computer and then load them from your computer into your G1Xon.

3. Coyote

Coyote New Member

That's exactly what I did earlier today, and it didn't work. I don't have the pedals handy, so I can't tell you exactly what the "this-won't-work" alert said. I'll try it again on Monday, and come back with a full report.

4. Mog

Mog Member

Try changing the file extension from .g10n to .g1xon on your PC using the rename function.

Just tried this myself with a G1on file from the forum and it load on my G1Xon.

Last edited: May 17, 2021
  5. Coyote

Coyote New Member

I'm still having trouble getting my G1Xon to accept my G1on files. Her's what I can tell you so far:
    * I'm running the ToneLIb editor on my laptop (Dell Inspiron running Windows 10). The editor recognizes the G1Xon1 when it's plugged in via USB.
    * When I select "Backup/Restore" and choose from recent imports (all G1on backup patches, by the way), I get the warning that all presets will be overwritten.
    * When I select "OK" I get "ERROR Unsupported file format..."
    * When I attemp the workaround that Mog suggested, I can't fine the file! That is to say, I can find it just fine, but the extension is not shown in the name. Anyone care to hold my hand and get me through this?

6. Mog

Mog Member

Hi Coyote,
    To see the file extension in your file browser, select the "View" tab and then tick "file name extensions".

7. Sven62

Sven62 New Member

I have a G1xon and a G1on. I made a backup of my G1Xon presets and tried to import it to the G1on. I always get the message.Ivalid device type current0x63, expected 0x64. Is there any kind of solution to this problem or do i have to copy the presets one by one ( tried it, it works )

8. Coyote

Coyote New Member

Thank you, Sven62. It's good to see that others have the same problem. I neglected to mention earlier that I, too, am attempting to copy ALL my patches from the G1on to the G1Xon in one pass. Any solutions, or must we copy patches one at a time?

Last edited: May 20, 2021
  9. Coyote

Coyote New Member

I've been trying to find a workaround to this, and it doesn't seem to exist. Furthermore, it seems that the only way to move patches from a G1on to a G1Xon is to copy them INTO the ToneLib editor, one by one. Then you must copy them into the G1Xon one. by. one. Correct? I don't even see any way to open my download of all patches so I can pick through them. Is this correct?

10. Mog

Mog Member

Hi Coyote,
    I'm not sure this will work, I don't believe the ToneLib editor will retain the G1on patches once you've disconnected the G1on, I believe the editor is only reading what is on the device and stores nothing internally.
    With the G1on connected to the ToneLib editor you need to save each patch individually to your PC/Laptop (right-click patch name in the left hand side menu and select "Export the patch data to file). Once you've saved all your patches, use your windows file explorer to rename the file extension from .g1on to .g1xon. When you then connect your G1Xon to Tonelib you can load each patch individually into the G1Xon.