what's the best Zoom pedal sound emulation wise

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by Eric Heyer, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Eric Heyer

Eric Heyer New Member

I'm looking at the G5n but I noticed the G1X Four is newer. Which one has the best sound emulation?

2. -I-

-I- New Member

As far as I know, all the new "N" devices (g3n, g5n, g1four, and their "X" variants(with expression pedal)) has the same DSP chip in them, so you wont hear any difference when it comes to how it sounds in general, however their internal patches and some minor inside effects, pedals etc might be different for each unit. For example; I have G1FOUR and if I ever go on a hunt for a new kind of a tone on the internet, I don't look for G1FOUR patches only, but I look for all the g3n,g3xn,g5n,g5xn patches because almost %99 of the time, all patches are interchangeable(by parameter and effects means), only for certain complex patches there would be a difference... For example; I saw in a youtube video that G5N has some eq pedals in it, different than what G1FOUR have internally. But I dont think that will be a shortage in any way. The one and only real difference between the units are; the number of the effect slots that you can use, and the number of onboard controls, buttons knobs etc actually....

Mato likes this.