Why Can't I Install the Down Loaded Patches Into My G1X Four?

Discussion in 'Zoom G1/G1X Four' started by Ted Bell, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Ted Bell

Ted Bell New Member

What am I missing here?

I download the patch and save it on my computer.

I drag it to the Patch Pool and from there, drag it into an empty slot.

I've had very little success. The odd one seems to copy into the G1X Four, most don't.

Any help would be appreciated!

2. Jose Lopez

Jose Lopez New Member

Hi ted,

Do you check de percent of mem in your pedal?

3. Mcferdelro

Mcferdelro New Member

Hi
    I have the same problem, used memory 96%
    Thanks for you help

4. Oleg Krutikov

Oleg Krutikov New Member

First, try the ZOOM Guitar Lab to set the desired effects. If the ZOOM Guitar Lab does not work, try another USB cable

5. Samson

Samson New Member

After u do soundcheck to load a patch in an available slot , I push the settings button on the pedal then then push pedal button "3" then lcd screen will tell u to push both footswitch buttons to save whatever patch ur soundchecking. Sometimes tho u may have to delete certain effects to make room for other effects to have full effect chain . Hope that helps

6. DeMentis

DeMentis New Member

Some patches you can't install directly with ToneLib.

How to install them:
    1. Open Zoom Guitar Lab
    2. Go to patches
    3. Select an empty field
    4. Drag the downloaded patch inside the Lab window
    5. Close the Lab
    6. Start ToneLib - now you have access to the new patch

marinh0w likes this.
  7. xmedic9

xmedic9 New Member

I can't add patch files to the Patch Pool in ZOOM Guitar Lab. I drag the file into the Patch Pool, I see the + sigh, I release the mouse button and nothing happens. I've tried this with multiple files, restarted Guitar Lab, nothing. Any suggestions? Thanks

Soprador2023 likes this.
  8. Soprador2023

Soprador2023 New Member

Same here

9. fabritoms

fabritoms New Member

Did you solve it?, the exact same thing happens to me

10. st_timer2002

st_timer2002 New Member

Uninstall unused device effects to free some memory.

11. Michael Kozischek

Michael Kozischek New Member

I am new to the G1X Four and am having similar problems. All of them seem to be related to this devices onboard storage. About half of the effects and presets I have downloaded from this site will not fully install because there is an effect missing. When I go to add it, I get an error stating that there is not enough space and I have to find an unused effect and delete it. They should have made this pedal with more storage space, or maybe put a slot on it for a SD card. I am not a professional musician, just somebody that likes playing around with my guitar and this device is a lot of fun, but I think I am running into some of its limitations. The battery life on it also seems to be pretty bad. I have 4 2400 mAh cells in it, and they only lasted a week even though 90% of the time I was using a USB cable connected to a laptop to power it. I now am looking at another Zoom model to replace this one, but I need to look into it more before I make the decision.