Zoom GFX sim vs. Bias Fx2

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by Jean C.Guion, Sep 22, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Jean C.Guion

Jean C.Guion Well-Known Member

Just got done downloading and demoing Bias Fx2.....
    Can hardly beleive it myself, but this zoom gfx software is better all the way around...the interface itself on the bias . like multiple other sims, trys to look like a guitar rig and or pedal board set-up on the screen....the problem with this is it just doesn't fit,,,can't see the settings or even read the knob descriptions....wtf????
    Lets get down to the meat of why we buy sims in the first place...The sound...Bias does sound good......Plugging straight into it renders a beautiful clean and clear tone with my custom made strat...Say 'BUFFER'......As of rite now...that built in buffer circuit is the only thing that seperates the Bias from the Zoom......When I plug into the GFX software, I get a very thick,loudish sounding, ballsy sound....very flat and lifeless....sometimes too much response is not good......ANYHOW....
    Directly after demoing Bias, I opened my cheap Zoom sim... After pulling up a 20 band stereo studio eq and pulling out some low end , and a few other noisey frequencies, I had matched the input buffer sound of the Bias....1 effect block....I then created a multi path stereo amp sound that did not only equal the sound and feel of the $300.00 Bias Fx2 software....it actually sounded , felt , and reacted better...
    I just can't beleive that Zoom is able to put this software out this cheap....I love it...
    I have been a dedicated Zoom user since around 2000 , and have never been let down by one peice of equipment I have ever bought from them...
    It is time for a large scale advertising platform here guys...I do my part..and am about to start doing more....
    I uploaded the preset under the name 'Live Twins'...It is a shimmering sustainy..slightly drivey..with a touch of break up in the low end......I'm sure it'll accept a drive pedal or other effects for your purposes...
    It's created at 44100khz sampling freq..at 128 samples 2.9sec. of latency.....and with the guitar volume all the way up strumming all strings open very hard , the input gain on the sim just barely peaks red every few strokes...
    If you love a Strat..you have got to love this preset...